THE ISSUES WE FACE
We need leaders who are as passionate about Mississippi’s future as some are about our past. As your next Attorney General, I will use my 34 years of legal experience, a lifetime of fighting for conservative Republican values and a real vision for leading Mississippi out of the past and into a better future.
The Drug Scourge
We must win the drug war and stop the scourge this poison unleashes in our communities. My family has suffered a front-line casualty in that war. I know the difference between victims and predators, and we can’t keep treating victims and predators in the same way. Public safety is the first job of state government, and using tools like drug courts and mental health courts to help victims will free up resources so our criminal justice system can root out and punish predators.
Andy Taggart is a can-do conservative ready to move Mississippi into a better future. We need an Attorney General with the courage to lead the way to retire the old flag with dignity to our new Museum of Mississippi History. We need a leader as passionate about Mississippi's future as some are about our past.
Mississippi needs a skilled, practicing courtroom attorney as the state's top lawyer. Andy Taggart has been practicing law for 34 years. Andy was the Chief of Staff and Counsel to Governor Kirk Fordice, Litigation Counsel to Governor Haley Barbour, and Counsel to then-State Auditor Phil Bryant.
- Pro-life by faith and conviction, and ready to fight to protect Mississippi’s new heartbeat bill
- Lifelong gun owner, sportsman and Life Member of National Rifle Association
- Committed to putting an end to human trafficking in our state
- Courageous enough to take on public corruption without waiting on the federal government to do our job for us
- Serious about Medicaid fraud enforcement
- Recognizes the need for vigorous child advocacy in the arenas of abuse, mental illness, neglect and substance abuse
- Prepared to defend and honor our constitutional promise to our Public Employees Retirement System
LEGAL AND POLITICAL HIGHLIGHTS
AV Rated by Martindale
The highest attorney rating for 20 consecutive years
Litigation Counsel for Governor
Litigation Counsel to Gov. Haley Barbour in Voter ID litigation
Madison County Board of Supervisors President
Counsel to State Auditor
Counsel to State Auditor Phil Bryant in recovery of illegal attorneys' fees
United States Civil Rights Commission
Served on the State Advisory Committee to the United States Civil Rights Commission
Co-Chairman for Governor
Co-Chairman for Governor Phil Bryant on Task Force reforming public contracting after Department of Corrections bribery scandal
2004 - 2008
Madison County Board of Supervisors
1992 - 1994
Chief of Staff and Counsel to Governor
Chief of Staff and Counsel to Gov. Kirk Fordice
Mississippi Republican Party
Mississippi Republican Party